We adhere to the following core values as we seek to accomplish our mission and achieve our vision:
Leadership & Fellowship
We believe that leadership is about serving others. This requires bringing people together, inspiring them to do great things, encouraging their best efforts, and valuing the contributions that they make to our organization. Our mission is best served by collaborating closely with our local communities, government agencies, nonprofits, and generous supporters. Through such cooperative endeavors, we hope to create friendships among individuals and strengthen our sense of shared community.
Philanthropy & Volunteerism
We believe private investment is critical to supporting Warren County’s parks. Whether donating money or time, the generous giving by our supporters for the common good is what makes all the difference. By helping to make life better for other people, those who give are our superheroes.
Community & Advocacy
We believe that parks bring communities together by providing spaces which foster connections between all people, making their lives happier, healthier, and more fulfilling. We respect, value, and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. Bringing diverse individuals together not only enables us to be more creative in addressing challenges, but it also helps to ensure that we are advocating on behalf the entire community.
Fiscal Responsibility & Transparency
We believe in carefully managing our resources, creating a fiscally sound and enduring organization, and investing in innovative projects, programs, and initiatives which further our mission. We carefully monitor our resources, evaluate our performance, and clearly communicate how we are prudently advancing our mission.
Sustainability & Resiliency
We strive to sustain our natural and cultural treasures for future generations. Through education, conservation, and restoration, our efforts aim to environmentally and culturally resilient community.
The Warren County Parks Foundation supports the Warren County Parks system, which currently comprises 10 parks spanning over 2,000 acres and is growing.
Parks improve our lives by returning physical, mental, social, environmental, and economic benefits to the community.
- Parks enable people who live nearby to be more physically active and healthier.
- Parks help improve people’s mental health and quality of life by reducing stress, alleviating anxiety and depression, and increasing happiness.
- Parks provide gathering places for families and social groups, as well as for individuals of all ages and economic status.
- Parks help improve water quality and air quality, increase in biodiversity and habitat protection, and reduce greenhouse gases.
- Parks create economic benefits for communities by increasing values of nearby properties, attracting visitors, creating jobs, and spurring recreational spending.